Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Checked my ammonia when I got home today and it is 0.25-0.50 ../ what do u do bring it bk to 0? I just added 2 clowns and 2 peppermint shrimp yesterday

Yes it was cycled before I added them everything was great and where it should have been... It's a 55 gallon and has 2 clowns and 2 peppermint shrimp

J19Reynolds said:
Yes it was cycled before I added them everything was great and where it should have been... It's a 55 gallon and has 2 clowns and 2 peppermint shrimp

How did you cycle?

Sat it up for 2 weeks with my LFS live rock and their premise Sw... I took my water to them ad they tested everything ok too

J19Reynolds said:
Yes I tested it and seen te spikes and went downs... Bioload as in what?

Bioload is fish waste or decaying fish or shrimp that produces ammonia. Some people dose pure ammonia up to 4ppm to cycle. The fact that your ammonia is so high is indicative that you didn't cycle properly if at all.

No it was just Sw live Rick and filter running:..y LFS tod me since I was using their water it should only take 2 weeks to cycle I tool water to them and they said it was good...

It sounds like you need to quit listening to them and possibly (temporarily) rehome your fish so you can do a proper fishless cycle.

LFS are notorious for giving questionable advice.

+1 on questionable advice from fish stores...they tend to push people into buying fish.

Looks like 0ppm, what are your trItes and trAtes? Ammonia can be 0ppm and you could still have nitrItes, which are as dangerous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom