Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have a ten gallon and im fishless cycling right now. While adding ammonia i added a bit too much not sure what the quantity but it was reading at 10ppm i thought to myself i have 2 months until more fish arrive so i didnt do anything it lowered to 4 ppm then to.25 i think and then thinking i had done something right i dosed ammonia back up to a lot (6ppm) but it hasnt gone down in a week do i do a water change? What should i do?

What kind of water conditioner detoxes ammonia but still lets safestart bacteria eat the ammonia?
Pretty sure i made a huge mistake but... :hide:
Thank You

6ppm is okay. 3-4ppm is optimal range. You can wait it out and see if it drops or water change it down 3-4ppm.

Caleb

WC

I think Il go with WC

Does anyone know any water conditioner that detoxes ammonia but still leaves it consumable for bacteria

I think Il go with WC

Does anyone know any water conditioner that detoxes ammonia but still leaves it consumable for bacteria

Seachem Prime. It's a water conditioner that detoxifies ammonia and heavy metals. Used by many here including myself.

Caleb

Seachem

I thought that too I had heard conflicting news about it that some say it doesnt let bacteria eat while others say it does its a good thing it does let bacteria eat because i have a bottle of it already!:)

I thought that too I had heard conflicting news about it that some say it doesnt let bacteria eat while others say it does its a good thing it does let bacteria eat because i have a bottle of it already!:)

If there is residual ammonia in the water the bacteria have plenty to eat.

Caleb

The ammonia detoxified by prine is still perfectly acailable for bacteria to eat.

Back
Top Bottom