An Even Bigger Tank Than I Thought! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay:) so:
1 x male betta splendens
8 x Harlequin Rasbora
4 x pygmy cories
30 x red cherry shrimp (already have)
2 x nerite snails (already have)

Okay. =] That level of stocking looks about right, then, but I wouldn't push it anymore. And be sure to add fish slowly!

Got it. Thank you so much guys! Would you suggest having the temp at about 26 degrees C? Would that be too hot for the cories and too cold for the betta?

thanks, Dan:D

i just bought 4 panda cories :D
i know you guys said that julli cories would be too big, but these were too cute and the LFS owner (who is very kind and knowledgable) assured me that these wouldn't get as big and if i stuck with just 4, my tank would be perfect for them.. so, now they're swimming along perfectly happy, grazing the gravel in their new home :)

i still plan on getting 8 Harlequins, but i saw some rummy-nose tetras at the LFS and they look amazing! would i be able to get 8 of them instead of 8 harlequins? would they be okay with the betta when i get him?

thanks, Dan:D

the cories are already loving their new home! they've settled in really well, are swimming up and down the glass and playing leap-frog all over the place! i really love them!

does anyone have any suggestions about whether i should get Rummy-Nose Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras? Please bear in mind that this is my first community tank so the hardier the better! :D

Thanks, Dan:D

the cories are already loving their new home! they've settled in really well, are swimming up and down the glass and playing leap-frog all over the place! i really love them!

does anyone have any suggestions about whether i should get Rummy-Nose Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras? Please bear in mind that this is my first community tank so the hardier the better! :D

If your tank is cycled, then it shouldn't matter; you can get harlequins or rummynoses. I prefer the latter.

What is the footprint of your tank?

i also prefer the rummynose but have heard that they are hard to keep, especially during the first week or so. I'm not sure if i should play it safe and get harlequins... :/

what do you mean by the footprint? the dimensions are 24inches/60cm length x 12inches/30cm height x 12inches/30cm depth, if that's what it means :)

oh and btw, one of my nerites (red-spotted) died :( not sure why. he always seemed to be slower and didn't move as much the other one. i think there was already something wrong with it when i bought it because he was always like that. the other seems to be fine though :)

I have decided on this:

1 x Male Betta Splendens
8 x Rummynose Tetras
4 x Panda Corydoras
1 x Zebra Nerite Snail
~30 x Red Cherry Shrimp

does this sound goooood? any thing else i could add?
sorry if I'm a pain. i just want an amazing looking tank, with as many fish as possible without putting them through discomfort. Also don't forget that this is a 15 UK gallon tank so is probably about 18 US gallons :D

Thanks, Dan:)

I have a 15.5 UK gallon and I've gone with (I think .. )

6 neons
7 leopard danios (was only going to get 6, only paid for 6, there was 7 in the bag when I got home!)

The above are in tank now. I'll add the following over the next few weeks:

6 pygmy corys

and a centre piece such as a Dwarf Gourami or Bolivian Ram

Not decided on shrimp yet ..

I'm guessing you are in the UK .. how much does your LFS sell RCS for?

yeah I am:)
they are £1.30 each but he gave me about 10 free ones and 4 free Mosquito Rasboras! Lucky me;) For the 10 I originally wanted it would've been £13.00.

Are you gonna fill out that rasbora school?

And anyway, I think after hearing the footprint of your tank the panda cories should be fine. I would have been worried if it was just a taller version of the 10g, but it actually adds gallons by adding more width and depth, which is good floorspace for the cories.

The mosquito Rasbora? I dont have them anymore... They all randomly disappeared. I think they must've got stuck in the filter but i never found them:| oh dear...
And good news with the Panda's:D thankyou:)

Back
Top Bottom