An Even Bigger Tank Than I Thought! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome. Sorry about your mosquitos. They probably got eaten.

Ummm... doubtful... that's strange to have them disappear though.

Mm, I don't know whether they jump or not... anyway, sorry to hear that and good luck with the rest of your plans.

Thank you for everything. You've been a great help and given me the confidence to go ahead with my plans to make an awesome tank :D

Thanks, Dan:D

You're quite welcome! I'm always open to questions if you have any more, and if I don't know the answer I probably know someone that does. XD

would i be able to add a bristlenose pleco to this?

that would make the stocking list:

1 x Male Betta Splendens
8 x Harlequin Rasboras
4 x Panda Cories
1 x Bristlenose Plecostomus
30 x Red Cherry Shrimp
1 x Nerite Snail

No, a pleco doesn't belong in a small tank, they create far too big a bioload, IMO. I'd say 20g minimum, and aaf is right, you don't have a lot of room on the bottom.

Update :)

I bought the Java Fern for my tank today and tied them to rocks I have in there. Is that right? Do I untie them when they root onto the rocks?

I will be getting the Harlequins next week. Should I get all 8 at once or make it two purchases of 4?

Currently my tank is as follows:

4 x Panda Cories
~30 x Red Cherry Shrimp
1 x Zebra Nerite Snail
2 x Java Fern
3 x Corkscrew Valisneria

I am right in thinking that I should add the Betta last so that he doesn't think the tank is his - in effect - right? Would I be able to have a German Blue Ram instead of/as well as the Betta? My LFS just got some in, and they are stunning!

Thanks guys, Dan:D

german blue ram=20 gallon minimum
yes add the betta last so he knows that its not his tank
yes untie the java fern when the roots grow in and i say do 4 and 4 on the rasboras

okay thanks allaboutfish :)
i agree, after researching the German Blue Rams i realise that they wouldnt suit my tank, needing 20 gallons as a minimum :(
how long do you think it will take for the java fern to become rooted?
will get the rasboras 4 and 4 then, thanks!

it is a 15W 'day-light' bulb that came in the kit. it is on at least 10 hours a day. It's made by Juwel and I think the kit was called something like Juwel 60 Korraline/Koralife/something like that :p

Back
Top Bottom