anapleps(four eved fish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw anableps at the fish store and I wantd to get some.But I need to know some stuff first.It said on a website that they need a water level of at least 16 cm.Then I saw another website that said you can put anableps in a tank with mudskippers.So I thought ok.So I made a tank with an exta part silicones to the walls.So it would be half land half water.I need more help pls.The website that I found the info on was on backish tanks.It was made by some guy cody shoup i think.So pls help me!!!! :( to :D

Hi,

Not sure what site you went to, but here are a few links.
http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?ID=7379&genusname=Anableps&speciesname=anableps
http://ebiomedia.com/gall/eyes/4eye.html
http://fish.mongabay.com/species/Anableps_anableps.html <---This one is the better of the 3.

Quote from it for your tank question.
TANK: A tank measuring 48" (122 cm) with a capacity of 50-70 gallons (190-266 L) is sufficient. The tank must only have a depth of 8-12" (20-30 cm) and should have a large surface area. The tank should have a beach, or some partly emerged stones or wood, as this species likes to leave the water. Have a tight-fitting cover. Use a good filtration system for this species produces a lot of waste.

And a question from me to you, since we live near each other, which fishstore did you see these at. :D I would love to see what they look like in person.

Hope this helps.
Cheers :)

well isaw them at a place called king aquarium.on 1221 story road.they are really nice there.since i go there alot they give me ten dollars off when i buy something.That is where i have all my aquarium memories. :D

Well this is a cool fish and I've never seen them for sale on Long Island. If I did, I'd grab them. They're livebearers and related to swordtails, platies, and mollies. A talk was recently given on live bearers at out GCAS meeting and this fish did stand out in my mind at least.

If you like them, give them a try. From what I've read, a shallow tank works best. The gravel should slope to allow them to come out of the water. For that reason the tank should be fairly large. Say a 20 long. Good luck

Hi,

I know of the King Aquarium store. Nice, but a bit expensive. I just like to browse their fish selection. They are a last result for me. :) My girlfriend's friend worked there, but he quit, well it's his grandfather's. Couldn't even get hook ups there. :(

I'll swing by the store this weekend and see what they look like in person. Thanks for the location.

Cheers :)

you're welcome well i got discount because they know me for a long time.Especially the boss though she is the one who gives me discount.
I knew them since i moved here last year.also how old are you.I am still going to middle school.also check there for me if they have anableps still pls. :D

welll i still hav'ent started a tank yet but can othere fish go with the amazing anableps.I thought if i just have anableps and mudskippers it would be kinda boring but just in case pls give some ideas on some fish that can go with anableps in my 37 gallon tank.thank you!

amphibianboy, what school do you go to? I go to Saratoga High. King is an awesome store. I love all their huge tanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom