And it BEGINS my friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
That looks awesome! I like how you did it at the fire station :p how long did it take you to complete? You did a great job

Thanks!

Yeah at the firehouse, I needed proper ventilation. :)

Took about an hour. I wiped it down with alcohol and used a razor blade to get sticky sticker material off then went to town with 2 cans of spray paint. Good thing I picked up 2 cans. Thought maybe 1 would have been enough.

No I wait for the stand.

Ok question... Where my tank in gonna go I have an issue. Behind it is the valve and bleeder for the heating system. Any ideas what I can put under the tank/stand to ease the moving it about a foot. This only has to be done maybe 2x's in the winter.

It's the only place in living room to fit the tank.

I was thinking of that commercial where you put these round things and your suppose to be able to move anything. They show people sliding stuff all over with them. I just forget what there called. Any ideas?

Convict2161 said:
Ok question... Where my tank in gonna go I have an issue. Behind it is the valve and bleeder for the heating system. Any ideas what I can put under the tank/stand to ease the moving it about a foot. This only has to be done maybe 2x's in the winter.

It's the only place in living room to fit the tank.

I was thinking of that commercial where you put these round things and your suppose to be able to move anything. They show people sliding stuff all over with them. I just forget what there called. Any ideas?

Lol your huge, i think you can do it easily. I can easily slide out my 40 g from the wall without disturbing the water much, and im 15 hahah

If you put wheels/coasters on the bottom of your stand you have be aware that ALL the weight of the tank, stand, water and rocks will be on the tiny surface area of the bottom of the wheels. So you would need really heavy duty coasters and lots of them.

Gboy66 said:
Lol your huge, i think you can do it easily. I can easily slide out my 40 g from the wall without disturbing the water much, and im 15 hahah

Haha huge huh? Yeah but that's A LOT of weight. I'm just thinking of something to put in place to help along if I have to move it a little. I had to slide my 55 bow front already a few times because the heat broke.

Convict2161 said:
Haha huge huh? Yeah but that's A LOT of weight. I'm just thinking of something to put in place to help along if I have to move it a little. I had to slide my 55 bow front already a few times because the heat broke.

If you empty most if the water out I suppose you could. :) I can't even lift my 2.5 gallon with water without putting my back out lol.

Mumma.of.two said:
If you empty most if the water out I suppose you could. :) I can't even lift my 2.5 gallon with water without putting my back out lol.

I guess I could do that. I was just trying to think if there was a way I could install something myself just in case. I'd hate to have to move it for heating issues and right on the spot empty most of the water while the heating guy waits. But I guess it's probably safer if the stand is fully seated correctly.

Convict2161 said:
I guess I could do that. I was just trying to think if there was a way I could install something myself just in case. I'd hate to have to move it for heating issues and right on the spot empty most of the water while the heating guy waits. But I guess it's probably safer if the stand is fully seated correctly.

Last thing you want to do is hurt yourself or have the tank crack or topple over.

Is it possible to find a stand that allows access to the pipes?

I've seen ones with gaps at the back that allow reach through?

Id try the sliders just for the sake they are cheap and could save quite a bit of hassle of they work

Scouser said:
Is it possible to find a stand that allows access to the pipes?

I've seen ones with gaps at the back that allow reach through?

Id try the sliders just for the sake they are cheap and could save quite a bit of hassle of they work

Hey that's a good idea! Just cut a hole in the back of the stand to allow access. Then all you have RO do is move all the junk from underneath.

That is a great idea and I'm look into it when the stand gets here. My only concern would be weakening the stand.

Back
Top Bottom