Anemone dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erichm20

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all

I added a condylactis anemone on Saturday I floated the bag for 15 mins and drip acclimated him for about 1.5 hours before adding him to the tank.

I left the lights on their regular schedule 10 hours plus 1 hr for "dawn" and one for "dusk" t5 54 w 2x white 2 x actinic blue. I decided to do full light bc he was under led at the store.

This was what he looked like last night:

And this is what he looks like now:

As you can see he is totally deflated and the foot is not attached.

Parameters:
Ph 8.1
Ammonia 0.10
No2 0
No3 10
Phosphates .25
Ca 420
Kh 179

I did a 5 gal PWC last night. I've read that when they purge they will close up and deflate so hopefully thats the case.

Attachments

• image-3497298863.jpg
    image-3497298863.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3677198097.jpg
    image-3677198097.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 104
Well, your condy is def very bleached. I tried to keep one under a 4 bulb T5HO and failed. It just isn't enough light for an anemone. Which pic was taken first? If the one where it is detached, then it might already be on its way out.

The Left pic was first. I Read that this light would be sufficient so that's a bummer. The left pic was taken first and he has opened back up and looks normal again so he must have been purging waste. Several sources online say that there is a white version and the photo doesnt come out good w the iPhone (a lot brighter white).

I'll keep an eye on him. I've got new white bulbs coming now since I have no idea how old my current ones are.

What type of lights would be good for anemone?

While we're at it what are some good starter corals for the lights I have?

Thanks a lot!

He seems to be doing good he moved to the other side of the tank and is on the sand bed partially under a rock.

He fully extends the tentacles and color is looking great- a little less white. He picked a good spot as there are hundreds of pods swimming all around him so he's got a constant supply of food :).

Just finishing up curing 20 more lbs of live rock so once that goes in I'll be ready to start corals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom