Anemone in powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just was woken up to half of my bta in my power head. I took off the cover and cut him in half since it was stuck. The halves are about a quarter in size. Will they make it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The short answer is no. It was moving due to being unhappy. Getting cut up in a power head isn't going to help. Remove the pieces you can and do a large water change so your tank doesn't suffer from the issue or get nuked.

Sorry about the loss, I personally wanted to get a anemone but I was worried about this happening. Yah do a water change and make sure you find every part of him so it does not continue to pollute the tank after the water change.

Hi there it is possible for them to survive depending on how damaged it is by cutting them in half , first of all don't try to pull it out of the pump until you take the pump out of the water if there is a big enough piece of it left just try cutting it in half if possible with a Stanley knife or a razor blade and try placing it between a small crack on the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled the screen off and there were two identical sized pieces. I cut it out and one of the pieces moved to a corner and the other seems to have anchored down

Back
Top Bottom