ANGEL EGGS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed my angels hanging out together a lot lately, mostly by the filter intake. Today I took a peek at them, and the intake was covered in eggs :mrgreen: . I watched the female lay a few of them. I've been keeping my eye on my guppy because she is pregnant, but I had no idea about the angels. They are guarding the eggs pretty good. Is it possible that both my angels are female and is just laying eggs, or do they only lay eggs if they are fertalized. This is completely unexpected, and I don't really know what to do. I am going to look into this and I am very excited. Could anybody give me any advice, I have a breeding net in the tank, so when they hatch I plan on seperating the fry. I do have a 10 gal and a 30 gal, but neither is not set up and they would need a good cleaning and a cycle. What kind of food do I need and how long before they hatch? I have some finely crushed flake food, but not any of the microscopic stuff that I think I need. Sorry for the long post, but this is my first :wink: and very, very unexpected. TIA. I will post parameters and pics soon!! :D :D :D

Sounds to me like you have a pair. If the eggs are fertilized it takes two or three day to hatch. They may not get it right the first few times. Newly hatched brine shrimp make a great first food. The 30 gallon would make a great breeding tank. Set it up and move the pair in there, after they are done this time.

Oh and Congratulations.

Thanks for the advice. I have to get home and get cleaning a tank. I haven't uploaded pictures of the the eggs yet, but the params are:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Temp - 82
GH - 38 dGH
KH - 14 dKH

As far as food they only get tropical flakes and tropical crisps, they love blood worms, but haven't had any in a while. They are in a 29 gal community tank, all the other inhabitants are in my sig. Well off to the lfs, then home to clean.

Oh yeah I knew I was forgetting something...

pH - 7.8

I know it is high, but I topped the tank off with SW (about 3/4 of a gal) and there is I think the salt is what is keeping it high.

Congrats haus...hopefully you will have a tank full of angel fry soon. I just noticed that you have a koi and a gold veil...that would make for some very interesting fry.

Well, all the eggs hatched, but I wasn't home when it happened. I searched the tank up and down and couldn't find a single fry :cry: :cry: :cry: . The extra 30 gal that I have is set up and running right now, so I will move the parents into that and hope for more eggs

Back
Top Bottom