Angel fish bred in community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwaterking

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Afternoon all, I have a slight issue I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion. I have a 125g tank and my angel fish have paired off and laid eggs on a plant. I've been working long hours and didn't notice until last night. I have no idea how long ago they were laid. Their guarding them keeping the other fish on the other side of the tank. I have a 55g but I haven't set it up yet. Do I just fill it up from the water in the community tank and move them, or just leave them be until they hatch? I have a 10g setup for the Frye once they do hatch. any suggestions quickly?

Attachments

• WIN_20140301_141337.jpg
    WIN_20140301_141337.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 47
  • WIN_20140301_141347.jpg
    WIN_20140301_141347.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 52
I would move them immediately to the 55 gallon. Fry will be hard to catch if they are in the community tank and may get eaten even before you get to them. If you age the water overnight with an airstone, you can use 100% tap. What is your PH and hardness of your water? If Angels are like discus, the fry like RO water. An Angels expert will chime in soon.

I could just move the plant that has the eggs on them to my 10g tank I already have setup. I have baby swordtails but I can use my divider to separate them. The parents don't need to be move right? This would give me time to setup my 55g correctly. Does anyone see an issue with this approach I might not have thought about?

I could just move the plant that has the eggs on them to my 10g tank I already have setup. I have baby swordtails but I can use my divider to separate them. The parents don't need to be move right? This would give me time to setup my 55g correctly. Does anyone see an issue with this approach I might not have thought about?

I am still learning about the breeding, but you should move them and put up a divider, also they will need very clean water and a good flow of water over them. Also people generally use Methyl Blue, so they don't get fungus.

You will also need to know what you are going to feed them, on person on the forum uses boiled egg yolk. You will maybe need baby Brine Shrimp too. Cover intake filter tube so they don't get sucked up. And or use sponge filter.

this thread is HUGE, but also has great info, and help.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/wigglers-at-last-237956-220.html#post2856242
The wigglers/swimmers would usually be eaten by the community fish.

methylene blue will kill good bacteria so only use when you take out the filter media. Visit Angelsplus.com and call the number. They are angel breeders for year and sell all the related stuff. They will be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom