Angel fish breeding pair??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
look up red cap koi --- and panda angels . yours look like a mix of those 2. do some cool weekly water changes if they are old enough they will start spawning. do you have anyting for them to lay there eggs on

look up red cap koi --- and panda angels . yours look like a mix of those 2. do some cool weekly water changes if they are old enough they will start spawning. do you have anyting for them to lay there eggs on

+1 go to the dollar store if you don't. Get ceramic flower pots. Stick it up side down for them to spawn on. That's what mine are using. Two stacked on top of each other actually.

Attachments

• image-2305421138.jpg
    image-2305421138.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 58
Andy and bob speak the truth i have three spawns now and now im scrounging to get the space required. I have 4 30g plastic tubs im gonna use instead of tanls

I would definitely trust Andy. He has bred so many fish it's unbelievable!

Yeah ive heard andy is quite the fish man! haha

And it's all true :brows: :whistle: lol :D

There is a thread under the breeding forum called "Wigglers at last!!!". This is a full thread of what to expect when breeding Angelfish. You might want to read through it. ;)

Sometimes I read your comments and think "Ah I wish I was Andy Sager..."

Thank you? lol
Truth is, I was blessed as a child to have a certified Ichthyologist in my life training me. He was a friend of my Mother and knew her from school and opened up a pet shop (the only one) in their home town. Everything that was sold in the front of the store was bred in the back of the store or at his house. Once I started keeping fish ( at age 7), he had me breeding some of his fish for him. I started with Zebra Danios and it all went crazy from there. I was doing Danios, Barbs and Tetras by the time I turned 9 years old. Then I was doing Bettas and the other Gouramis. Then I moved to Cichlids and it went totally nuts. I ended up with 13 pairs of Oscars as well as Angels, Discus and most of the common Cichlids available at the time (Firemouths, JDs, Jewels, Kribs, Keyholes, Rainbows, Convicts, etc.). I fell in love with Angelfish and opened 3 different hatcheries over my career for breeding them. In one of my hatcheries I had 100 pairs of the fish. You learn a lot of tricks and secrets when you are working that many fish. :brows:
Then I moved to FL when I was 16 and worked in other retail pet stores and wholesale fish houses. I had a lot of knowledge going into that and learned a lot along the way as well. Over the course of 40 years I actively bred or imported or shipped or worked with both freshwater and saltwater fish from all around the world. (I've even been sent to other parts of the world to set up fish houses. ) This is how I am able to answer so many questions on this site. I am truly a fish guy :D
I hope I don't come off sounding like I'm bragging cause that is the furthest from what I hope to accomplish being here. Fish keeping is a wonderful hobby but it can be frustrating and expensive if done improperly. I'm just trying to help those on this site save some money, kill less fish and enjoy the hobby. Not everything going on in the hobby today is a positive thing. ( IMO) I hope to be a voice of changing those things (y)

Thanks for your comment (y) FYI, you CAN be the next Andy Sager. It just takes time and money and a lot of fish tanks. lol

My apologies to the OP for going off topic.

not bragging or gloating just telling the truth about your self so people will know that you know your fish. andy get an A+ in my book

What are the best ways to enforce mating or to trigger matting for ny angels??

Have something for them to breed on. Warm temperature (i keep mine at 82) and a nice, cooler water change :)

Have something for them to breed on. Warm temperature (i keep mine at 82) and a nice, cooler water change :)

mine is 81.9 ATM and i have a peice of slate in there is that okay? and ill do a cold water change tomorrow:)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130817_001444.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130817_001444.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 61
What are the best ways to enforce mating or to trigger matting for ny angels??

The best way to get them going again is to duplicate the conditions they spawned in before you got them. Make sure they are out of the way in a low traffic area so they can feel secure when they breed. Make sure you are feeding higher protein foods to condition the pair so that they want to spawn. Once they get used to your routine of water changes and feedings, they will be more apt to spawn on a regular basis. Consistent, routine, partial water changes with slightly cooler water than they are in also can help get them to spawn. Spawning temps can vary from 78-84 degrees. What the fish spawned in before is a better barometer of what the fish likes.

Hope this helps (y)

The best way to get them going again is to duplicate the conditions they spawned in before you got them. Make sure they are out of the way in a low traffic area so they can feel secure when they breed. Make sure you are feeding higher protein foods to condition the pair so that they want to spawn. Once they get used to your routine of water changes and feedings, they will be more apt to spawn on a regular basis. Consistent, routine, partial water changes with slightly cooler water than they are in also can help get them to spawn. Spawning temps can vary from 78-84 degrees. What the fish spawned in before is a better barometer of what the fish likes.

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks it helped a lot! and what do angels prefere to breed on??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom