Angel fish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkmuhale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Guys i brought a pair of angel fish but highly worried that are they really a pair... male and female.
One of the angel is nipping on fins of other angel fish. So kindly help me to identify their genders and if they were a pair then please suggsest me some breeding tips.

IMG-20160925-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20160925-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160925-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160925-WA0003.jpg

All responses will be appreciated

Did you buy a "pair" or did you buy 2 fish you hoped were a breeding pair? From the pics, these appear to be very young fish but pictures can be deceiving....

It's very hard to tell; only way to know for sure is when they lay eggs - the ovipositor of the female is larger than the male's organ. I've had several breeding pairs and I can never tell the male from the female for sure,

yes I bought fish not pair...is there any way to look on their fins or behaviour to differenciate?? sometimes the larger one nips the smaller one on his body nd fins

yes I bought fish not pair...is there any way to look on their fins or behaviour to differenciate?? sometimes the larger one nips the smaller one on his body nd fins

Unfortunately, when they are small, there's no clear cut way to tell. As stated above, the only way today to know for sure is to watch them spawn.
That said, you may want to read through the following thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/wigglers-at-last-237956.html

That was an ongoing conversation by both hobbyist and pro Angel breeders and contains just about everything you need to know to breed and raise Angelfish. (y)

ohk sir...nd thanks for ur response I will wait for few months... Nd how should I make them grow faster for breding

Back
Top Bottom