Angel fish swimming straight up and down.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gonna store it, start the filter with fresh media on one of my other tanks and let it run. Then if I need it, bust it out, fill it with dechlored water, move the filter back, and do what I need to do with the new or sick fish. Dont have the room to leave it set up all the time.

walmart has a cheap 20g stand, that wont make a good QT tank, it will never cycle and will do more harm then good as far as hospital tanks go.

Very true, 3 zebra danios work great for this, cheap hardy fish that can be transfered to the main tank when the QT tank is needed. the danios wont have any issues with bringing illness into the tank but if they go back to QT and show signs of sick you will know the main tank still has it not just the fish.

3 bucks or 5 for 5 at deathco when they have their fish sales and its cheap insurance and kinda like a coal miners canary.

Everyone does it their own way. Lots of differing opinions. There is a poll going right now called "quarantine tanks". Check it out.

Sorry to hear about your fish Spoonman. I have not seen very many recover from a swim bladder issue but I think you did everything you could have to save it.

I think your QT method will work just fine. Using established media is perfectly acceptable for a QT since you usually have a light load in the tank anyway.

Thanks Happygirl, I cant see moving fish back and forth to keep a QT tank cycled. I will just keep the HOB running on my 84G and put in on the QT when I set it up.

I will just keep the HOB running on my 84G and put in on the QT when I set it up.

I do the same thing and I find it to be the easiest way for me. I guess it all depends on what you consider easy. For me getting the QT out of the way when it is not in use is the easiest. If I find a decent place with a basement and have all the space for my 'dream tanks' then I would definitely keep my QT up all the time.

Back
Top Bottom