Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They breed pretty readily if they have a nice spawning area they can claim for their own territory. They like to lay eggs on long, flat surfaces, such as the leaves of tall amazon swords. Some use breeding sticks you can buy. Young parent often foul their own nest and it might take a few tries before they get it right.

Is it hard to breed angel fish?

No. The breeding is easy as they usually, under the right conditions, spawn on their own. The raising of the fry is the trick. If you are serious about breeding them, feel free to PM me and I can explain my breeding program for you. (y) It does require multiple tanks so if you cannot supply these, you'd be best not having them breed. Try then to get all one gender and enjoy the beauty of this fish. ;)

Hope this helps...(y)

It's also hard to find a pair...and to get them to not eat the eggs. Make sure you don't have any plecos bc mine would always gobble them up at lights out

It's also hard to find a pair...and to get them to not eat the eggs. Make sure you don't have any plecos bc mine would always gobble them up at lights out

Truthfully, with all due respect, to a trained eye, pairing Angels is not that difficult. There are subtle external characteristics that one can use and can be right more than 90% + of the time. I routinely created pairs of adult Angels and had them breeding. As I said, it's not that difficult. ;)

Egg eating is a 50/50 deal. Some parents eat their spawn as a way of protecting them. Some, just like the taste of eggs. Some never eat their own spawns. There are ways of dealing with this situation.

As for raising the fry, it is better done in a separate tank without any fish in the tank other than either the parents or by themselves.

(y)

Last edited:
Andy Sager said:
Truthfully, with all due respect, to a trained eye, pairing Angels is not that difficult. There are subtle external characteristics that one can use and can be right more than 90% + of the time. I routinely created pairs of adult Angels and had them breeding. As I said, it's not that difficult. ;)

Egg eating is a 50/50 deal. Some parents eat their spawn as a way of protecting them. Some, just like the taste of eggs. Some never eat their own spawns. There are ways of dealing with this situation.

As for raising the fry, it is better done in a separate tank without any fish in the tank other than either the parents or by themselves.

(y)

I should've came to you first as well

Back
Top Bottom