Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Who keeps angels? This is my first time attempting them... what do you recommend? Any special care? What tank mated do you reccomend? Thanks in advance. ..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From my experience every angel is different when it comes to temperment. I've had some that were peaceful with all fish and others that were very aggressive. Other than that caring for them is just like any other fish.

Thanks

When i had the really aggressive one i would just float the bag before i put in the new fish and he would either attack the bag or leave them alone. Thats how I would tell if they could be in the tank with him.

Oh ok... my dad use to raise angels when I was younger an he recently passed away an I miss him so I figured what better way yo remember him... what good info thanks

Angels are brackish or salt water fish. Pet stores sometimes sell them as fresh water and they end up sick.remember they grow large and they prefer groups. Feed them high quality flake food and occasionally blood worms or live shrimp.besides that I don't really know much

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Angels are brackish or salt water fish. Pet stores sometimes sell them as fresh water and they end up sick.remember they grow large and they prefer groups. Feed them high quality flake food and occasionally blood worms or live shrimp.besides that I don't really know much

This is 100% incorrect. Angels of the genus Pterophyllum which the op is asking about are completely freshwater.
Op I have a P. Leopoldi, and he is a pushover. Like stated above they all are different,

Thanks...

I do know Discus are brackish or can be brackish...

Nope discus are freshwater as well. 100%. They will die very quickly in brackish

I was always told they were Brackish thanks so much for letting me know.... I found a place that sells Discus very reasonable so I may get a few thanks

No problem. They're definitely fresh. I've heard that brackish rumor before too.

Well I'm glad you told me... I Love Discus I know there hard to care for but there beautiful. ..

Any of you ever have Discus?

@bribo no its fine! Really.lol.I should've done more research and had more expierence with this fish before answering ,lol you're just doing what ur supposed too +I got to learn something new and might now know what I want in my soon to come f.w. tank

Haha alright cool. Sometimes people take comments like that wrongly as it's hard to convey over words.

I've got 4 angels in my 55g tank young ones of cause but already got a dominant male there got the fight marks to prove it I think but he tries being he boss of the tank. They can fin nip to show who's the bosses of the tank but my rams don't take much as they were most dominants from the tank I got them from. My guarami's live happy with the angels now even tho the angels tried bullying them when I got them can't wait till I get my 4x2x2 or 5x2x2

Depending in the size of your tank and experience I would get angels, hatchetfish,German blue rams(bolivan ram if you're not experienced), Cory catfish

Back
Top Bottom