Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got my angel with a school of rainbowfish, pictus cats, cories, & rams. She's super mello and very inquisitive with me lol. She just swims along with the rainbows, she must think she's one of then haha!

Thanks for all the input

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been doing a lot of research on severums an angel fish has anyone here ever successfully kept them together?

I don't gave experience with severums and angels, but I do have 2 large superveil angels with my pair of German rams (and 3 medium ropefish).

I just bought an angel the other day and it's doing well. It is very small and a lemon colour throughout.

If I was to say one thing about angels is that it may be best to buy them when they are small. They are more likely tolerate tank mates if they grow up with them. I have neons too so I'm hoping the angel will not bother then when it's mouth is big enough to eat them (which will be a long time)

Gouramis and angels can fight and some barbs may nip the fins of the angel. I would get none aggressive passive community fish to go with an angel.

Nice story and good luck.

Thanks so much.... I really want rainbow fish but I heard as they grow they are pretty aggressive. ..

75 gallon

I've got guarami's and angels and not fought since having them angels fin nipped them when I put them in but got 4 angels and 6 guarami now 2 cherry red 2 blue and 2 dwarf one red with blue stripes the other blue with red stripes

Ive got six angels two tetras two gouramis a ram my large pleco and an albino pleco. All do absolutely amazing together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399170526074.jpg
    1399170526074.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 63
Not sure of the exact type. Got him same time as my first two angels. Heres a photo of him though. He just swims along with my angels. Doesnt ever get nippy unless hes guarding an algae wafer.

Attachments

• 1399171684352.jpg
    1399171684352.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 57
Not sure of the exact type. Got him same time as my first two angels. Heres a photo of him though. He just swims along with my angels. Doesnt ever get nippy unless hes guarding an algae wafer.

It's a bolivan.

Thank you lol. He absolutely loves the algae wafers for some reason.

They are adorable. A really fun fish to watch to. I need to get a few more so mines not alone.

They are adorable. A really fun fish to watch to. I need to get a few more so mines not alone.

Yeah I would like to get another. Did you buy yours from a large store like petco, petsmart or just a LFS.

I got mine from a feeders supply. They had the rams ina large tank with angels. Some seemed very aggressive so i picked out the one that all the others was being aggressive towards. It took to my angels and the gouramis really good.

I got mine from a feeders supply. They had the rams ina large tank with angels. Some seemed very aggressive so i picked out the one that all the others was being aggressive towards. It took to my angels and the gouramis really good.

I got mine from petsmart and they are just now, starting to look good. I've had them for about a month.

Its hard finding ones that look perfectly healthy. Pet stores crowd so many into one tank they cant help it. Kind of sad really. This angel looks better than what it did but came from same place.

Attachments

• 1399176401717.jpg
    1399176401717.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom