Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive had these two a few months now and ive just noticed that the larger one with the white fin is chasing the smaller black fin one not constantly just every now and then not sure whats the reason is but could some help should i split them up or is it a mating thing and ride it out 20180701_194812.jpg20180701_194744.jpg20180701_194729.jpg20180701_194805.jpg20180701_194743.jpg

tank kind of looks small and angels do best in larger groups. 6 or more. most fish do best in larger groups because it spreads out the aggression.

Personally from how they look right now I wouldnt split them up. Angelfish are just very territorial and they fight but as long as they aren’t fighting all the time it’s fine. I have three angels about your size and they used to be in a 10G and they would fight all the time and eventually I had to separate them but now I got them a bigger tank (29G) and they still fight but not as bad. I wouldn’t split them up until they start acting weird or look like somethings wrong with them. Just keep a close eye on them and look to see if ones hiding all the time, not coming up to you when you feed them (assuming it did that before), not eating, has a lot of ripped fins, swims weird, colors look stressed most the time, or just acts different. If they doing any of that than you should consider seperating them. They most likely won’t get to bad and they usually fight a little and it’s normal. also make sure the top of your tank is completely covered except for around the filter because they might get scared and jump out.
These are my angels and they fight all the time.
IMG_1335.jpg

Personally from how they look right now I wouldnt split them up. Angelfish are just very territorial and they fight but as long as they aren’t fighting all the time it’s fine. I have three angels about your size and they used to be in a 10G and they would fight all the time and eventually I had to separate them but now I got them a bigger tank (29G) and they still fight but not as bad. I wouldn’t split them up until they start acting weird or look like somethings wrong with them. Just keep a close eye on them and look to see if ones hiding all the time, not coming up to you when you feed them (assuming it did that before), not eating, has a lot of ripped fins, swims weird, colors look stressed most the time, or just acts different. If they doing any of that than you should consider seperating them. They most likely won’t get to bad and they usually fight a little and it’s normal. also make sure the top of your tank is completely covered except for around the filter because they might get scared and jump out.
These are my angels and they fight all the time.
View attachment 309530
I love the colour of your tank! They both seem fine now i had a large ornament in the tank took it out and they seem rather hapoy with eachover they dont leave eachovers sides

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom