Angel pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a 26 gallon fish tank soon. It's height is 19 in., length is 21 in., width is 16 in. Should I get a pair of Angels? What type or kind of angels should I get, if so? Could I put any other fish with them? Are they easy to breed and how many fry do they have approx.? Lol. Lots of questions. Thanks. :)

That size tank is a bit small for a pair of angels unless it was used strictly as a breeding tank. I'd probably just do a single angel and some schoolers.

The amount of fry they have varies, but it's usually somewhere between 50-100ish depending.

Oh gosh. I posted the wrong dimensions. I just copied and pasted this.

Dimensions: 24"L x 17"W x 21"H

A little bigger than what I thought it was. I'm not lying. The first dimension what off the top of my head. I looked at it online and thought about getting a pair of Angels. Lol. Failure.

jetajockey said:
That size tank is a bit small for a pair of angels unless it was used strictly as a breeding tank. I'd probably just do a single angel and some schoolers.

The amount of fry they have varies, but it's usually somewhere between 50-100ish depending.

How many of the fry would live?

I updated the dimensions. I had them wrong the first time.

How many fry live in there depends on how many can survive, which is based on how good you take care of them ;) If you have an extra tank and sponge heater you could use it as a grow-out for them.

When my angels spawned, I moved the hatch to a grow out tank. Ended ip with one survivor. They appeared to cannibalize one another. The numbers just slowly dropped day by day with no dead fishies in the tank and none sucked into the filter. For a while I had three eraser sized ones and then one day I had one bigger one... Only had one successful spawn out of three attempts. First batch got fungus, which spread to my angels and led to a month long nightmare, second batch was discovered right before a long shift at work and was devoured whole by the time I got home, and the third had one survivor out of over 200 wigglers. Any other spawns were eaten before they were discovered if there were any.

Do you want just a pair, or did you want something else too? Just curious. I think you either have room for a single pair, or else one angel and a school.
If you want a pair, I recommend you start out with a few juveniles, wait for them to pair up, and sell off the remainders.

Fry will cannibalize one another if you don't separate the fry that are growing much faster than the others. The other reason to move the fast growers is because they tend to bully the other fish and hog the food.

Back
Top Bottom