Angelfish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegetarian fish nut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I had 6 angel fish (three breeding pairs) in a 80 gallon tank with a fairly large pleco. Two angel fish have died. I don't know if the pleco is killing them or if they are killing each other. I have another 80 gallon with 1 RES and a 30 gallon with 4 electric yellows. I intend to sell the yellows, their tank is too small. Questions: do I put 1 breeding pair in the 30, and leave two angels in the 80? Or leave them together? Do I have to get rid of the large pleco? I know Res can sometimes live with plecos but sometimes eat them. Please do not ask me questions about tank chemistry, I will not answer. I am very experienced with fish. How much should I sell the yellows for?

Breeding pairs or angels usually can only be kept by themselves. From what I've seen when angels pair off and breed then they will gleefully kill everything else around them. I doubt it is the pleco doing the damage, as long as you are feeding him specifically.

I usually see yellow labs go for 5-10 in my area, but each area will have its own market for fish. You will need an answer from someone local for a suggestion on that.

While you may not like answering questions about your water chemistry, it is usually the prime reason for any issues involving fish, and would help others help you.

Thanks for the reply. I put the two breeders into a seperate tank. Is a 30gal big enough for them? The reason I don't answer questions about chemistry is because I have researched it extensively.

Back
Top Bottom