Angelfish egg help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitkat07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My pair of angelfish laided there eggs for the first time ! Excited !!!! Anyways she laided them on the filter pretty close to the intake but the seem to be good parents fanning etc. They are by themselves so no harm unless they start eating them :( But I'm afraid there gonna get sucked up by the filter ! Already found a few in the filter and what happens when there wigglers there gonna wiggle right into it . Lol What should I do? should I just try take them off ?

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 89
You can take a piece of bulk media pad and wrap it around the filter intake area and it will keep the eggs and perhaps the wigglers out. You can use some zip ties or a few rubber bands tested, and need to be changed periodically.

Often the first few batches are eaten or the babies eaten when the nervous parents get scared.

If the eggs or babies dont last add the bulk filter media around the height of the filter too so they will not lay eggs there.

Put in a long chunk of slate and a chunk of large leaf Anubias (mines favorite place to put the eggs is on a leaf), or clay breeding cone. I would put it up on a flat stone to get some height.

~~~~~
What size tank is it? Another option is to get a couple sponge filters in the tank. Best way to not suck up babies and not too expensive.

Autumnsky has the best idea ever that would be your best choice just shut off your filter get some Sponge filters most people use them I just cover it with a material that won't let of my fry get suck in but still suck the water in. Get some stuffs to make them breed some where else because they are going to have a bad habit wanting to only lay eggs there

Back
Top Bottom