Angelfish Owners/Experts Come Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blacks skirts really do get a bad rap, but they are one of the most peaceful fish that I keep. I've NEVER had behavior issues with any of mine (I have a school of 7.)

I've had different experiences with them. I couldn't stand my school to the extent that I took them back (which I never do). Certainly they are not always nippy and many keep them w/o problems, but if you're looking for a fish that is very unlikely to be nippy, neither black skirts or serpae's would be my choice of tetra.

I agree with you there..luckily there are many other tetra to choose from if you're looking for an aggression free tetra school.

How do you think Angelfish would be with Swordtails(full grown bigger ones, about 4 inches)?

I have 4 angels and a pearl gourami they sometimes chase each other but no damage done and they some times even swim together in a little group so i think it should be fine

I currently have platies, rams, cories, and kuhlis with my angels. I do not have aggression issues. The key is smart aquascaping though. I make sure that the other fish all have places to hide and feel safe if they want to. Also, I make sure that there are lots of caves and pots on the bottom so the bottom dwelling fish can set up territories that do not conflict with the angel territories.

Back
Top Bottom