Angelfish Safe Algae Eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlefish4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious about which algae eaters you guys would suggest for a tank with an angelfish. It is a 29 gallon tank that also contains Anubias, Java Fern, and an Amazon Sword. As well as a guppy and some Rainbowfish I'm growing out.

The only species I know I don't want is otocinclus because of their tendency to suck slime coats off of slow moving fish. Which I've experienced first hand.

Thanks to all who reply!

I have a Clown Pleco and a Bristle Nose with my Angels and Rainbows. They don't get too big and mine leave the other fish alone.

I have a Clown Pleco and a Bristle Nose with my Angels and Rainbows. They don't get too big and mine leave the other fish alone.

Thanks for he reply! Do they clean algae well? Also, I've heard plecos don't play well with Amazon swords. Is that true?

It seems like the Bristle Nose eats more algae than the Clown in my tank. I don't have any swords in my tank right now but when I did they didn't bother them. I've always been a pleco fan and I really like these two, they don't hide and they're very active in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had bristlenose and swords. They are fine as long as the leaves are healthy. If they start to die, they will eat them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about snails? I like nerite snails for algae, and you don't need to worry about them taking over since they won't reproduce in freshwater.

I wouldn't call angelfish slow-moving ...

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom