Angelfish won't stop fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrw1660

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank with 3 Angelfish, 3 guaramis, 2 tiger barbs, 12 assorted tetras, and a pleco.

The white angel has been in the tank for over a year, I added the other two at least 6 months ago. Everything has been fine, except they have started fighting for the last 3 or 4 days. The agressor seems to be one of the newer fish, which both are only slightly smaller than the older fish.

The older fish is my favorite, and I really don't want him to be picked on to the point of dying. In reading online, I found suggestions of adding more Angels, but I'm not sure if I've reach my limit for the tank.

Suggestions?

The new one is probably a male and your old one another male, they are rivals now for your third angel which is probably a female. See if you can rehome the agressive angel and it should be fine. Don't add more angels, that only stops the problem temporarily before they all pair up and fight for dominance like in the Hunger Games.

Back
Top Bottom