Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterflyjenni

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am making a small upgrade from a 29 to a 38 gallon aquarium my current stock is as follows:
5 platy's
6 black phantom tetras
4 bloodfin tetras
2 spotted cory's
1 German blue ram
1 clown pleco
1 tiger nerite snail

I am planning on rehoming the bloodfins and upping the cory's to 5 so my question is after that could I add a single angelfish? Would all get along?

i will say that they will but also depending on your filtration if you check AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor it will give u a rough estimate of your stocking and some compatibility but its not guaranteed since different fish have different personalities, i.e. i have 4 angels with neons black skirts platies n rams on a 75 planted and all get along just fine but my smallest angel has become a fin nipper and he picks on the other angels and attacks his reflection even tho his body size(without the fins) is the size of a quarter

I am making a small upgrade from a 29 to a 38 gallon aquarium my current stock is as follows:
5 platy's
6 black phantom tetras
4 bloodfin tetras
2 spotted cory's
1 German blue ram
1 clown pleco
1 tiger nerite snail

I am planning on rehoming the bloodfins and upping the cory's to 5 so my question is after that could I add a single angelfish? Would all get along?

Are you adding all but the bloodfins to the 38 Gallon tank from above?

What's your water change schedule/filtration?

IMO I would only add one angel, and that'd be it. Be careful. Angels are known to either play with their tankmates or their tankmates play with them, and not in a good way. You could try, but always have a plan B.

Back
Top Bottom