angels eating plants :( help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
i love my angels, but i also love my plants too:banghead:
i wont get rid of either and angels are my favorite fish.:banghead: my angels, specifically my veil tailed koi angelfish have started to eat my ludwigia ovalis and giant hygro. they are all fat fish and i dont know what to do to stop them. i feed them enough. i know they arent breeding. the ludwigia leaves are to small and the giant hygo leaves are currently to small right now for them to breed on. plus i have 2 other swords in the tank. anyone with personal experience or knows anything on how to stop these lawnmowers from destroying my plants please help me!!!!!

i love my angels, but i also love my plants too:banghead:
i wont get rid of either and angels are my favorite fish.:banghead: my angels, specifically my veil tailed koi angelfish have started to eat my ludwigia ovalis and giant hygro. they are all fat fish and i dont know what to do to stop them. i feed them enough. i know they arent breeding. the ludwigia leaves are to small and the giant hygo leaves are currently to small right now for them to breed on. plus i have 2 other swords in the tank. anyone with personal experience or knows anything on how to stop these lawnmowers from destroying my plants please help me!!!!!

Here is a pic of the joker and his two henchmen. Ive only seen the yellow one do it but im suspicious of the other two. If they havent done it yet i suspect they will pick up the habit from the boss.

Attachments

• 1357439758554.jpg
    1357439758554.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 80
Angels like some plant matter so what I do since I have 12 angels in my 220g planted tank is feed them slightly cooked frozen peas, deshelled, and slightly smushed about every 3rd day along with their normal food. It's like angel candy in my tank and it does greatly reduce grazing on plants.

Back
Top Bottom