Another bristle nose question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok y'all....ANOTHER question. I have two bristles and I know one for sure is male. The other is a juvenile still and I see a faint sign of bristles. But it may also be a female. The "ladies" have little to no bristles, so time will tell. If it is a male, will they bicker with each other. I have noticed a little bit of *****iness between the two. Will two males fight??

How long is each fish? Has the 'older' one been in the tank longer? If so, then it's possible that it's ruled the entire tank as 'mine'. If you can, rearrange some decor this will break up old territories. Them each fish will have an equal chance to get a territory.

The short answer is yes they will fight, sometimes to the death. If you rearrange your tank, there is a chance they can live together in the same tank by the older one having to reclaim territory. Understand though, this may not work. I had 2 male long fin bn plecos in a 125 gallon tank. The bigger one killed the other. They were both adults added to the tank as youngsters at the same time....it just depends on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom