Another freshy converting, 3 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would get a peppermint shrimp first because they are pretty cheap, see how he does, then go from there!

My thoughts exactly too, the fire shrimp will be last since its the most expensive.

Okay so I MIGHT be getting a hermit today, if all goes well next weekend ill get a peppermint shrimp, then eventually a fire shrimp.

How do you recommend acclimating them? Drip?
And how low do the nitrates need to stay?

Drip acclimate for sure with inverts. My shrimp survived trates as high as 20. Zero is optimal, but I e aggressively been working to reduce trates and mine are at 5ppm.

Okay, well obviously in my tank the only nitrate reducer is me lol I plan on having a fire shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, and one or two hermits. Theres currently a snail in there too. That sound okay?

00youknowit00 said:
Hmmmmm, wellllll, yeahh. The fire shrimp caught me, I couldn't not get it.. Lol

Its acclimating now:)

Lol!!!! Good luck then!

Keep in mind--if it dies i will say sorry, but also "i told you so" lol

Gboy66 said:
Lol!!!! Good luck then!

Keep in mind--if it dies i will say sorry, but also "i told you so" lol

Haha I know I know.. I'm notorious for this. I'm either gonna be all in or all out. Haha, I'm optimistic:)

Well the fire shrimp is doing great so far:) when I feed it last night it ate off of my finger-coolest thing ever-

I want a coral now, what's something small and colorful that's easy to keep? :)

Update:
My fire shrimp molted!! :D

I've had so much going on lately.. unfortunately I totaled my truck, and given all the stuff that's been going on with that, AA suffered, I feel so behind on my tanks:(

ForumRunner_20120203_213733.jpg

ForumRunner_20120203_213744.jpg

00youknowit00 said:
Update:
My fire shrimp molted!! :D

I've had so much going on lately.. unfortunately I totaled my truck, and given all the stuff that's been going on with that, AA suffered, I feel so behind on my tanks:(

Sorry to hear about ur truck...

Back
Top Bottom