Anubis Nana Drying. Please need immediate advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhimrulez

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys since two days my Anubis nana plant is facing some serious issue. The leaves became dry and today some leaves have only their skeleton left. I am thinking it might be the deficiency of macro nutrients. Please suggest me deficiency might this plant be facing.(I dont have any test kits since they are sold at expensive price in my country). 1493826656636.jpg1493826797156.jpg
Also the amazon swords leaves are turning out yellow and drying.

Do u dose any ferts at all? How frequent do u water change?

The swords look hungry, it looks like both of them are suffering from lack of nutrients. you want to trim off all of the larger leaves from the sword you have a lot of good growth coming from the crown of the plant. from looking at the photo it looks like the plant is still transforming which means that most aquarium plants are grown emmersed which means out of the water in a moist environment. Once they are added to the aquarium they typically shed those types of leaves and form immersed leaves which are more suited to the underwater survival of the plant. trim the large yellow leaves do a water change and start adding some plant food if you dont already. if you need help just message me. your plants will be fine..........

The swords look hungry, it looks like both of them are suffering from lack of nutrients. you want to trim off all of the larger leaves from the sword you have a lot of good growth coming from the crown of the plant. from looking at the photo it looks like the plant is still transforming which means that most aquarium plants are grown emmersed which means out of the water in a moist environment. Once they are added to the aquarium they typically shed those types of leaves and form immersed leaves which are more suited to the underwater survival of the plant. trim the large yellow leaves do a water change and start adding some plant food if you dont already. if you need help just message me. your plants will be fine..........
I didnt notice any gravel in your setup this will be fine for the anubias but swords by nature are heavy root feeders. if you do not prefer to use gravel that is fine also just get a small clay flower pot and plant your sword in it this will be the best IMO because you can manage what you put into the pot and some nutrients will go into your water column and feed your anubias as well

Thanks for all the replies. Yes my tank is bare bottom and doesn't have any gravel/substrate and till now I was not using fertz as some aquarium shop keepers told that there is no need of fertz for these plants. I am planning to make this tank as community tank and requirment gathering for a new planted tank is WIP. Yesterday I bought "Aquatic Remedies plant food"(macro nutrients) and using a ? I added 2ml of the solution to my 90ltr tank. Am keeping these plants under observation for few days. I will keep this post updated and will check if any improvement in after dosing these fertz. I hope Co2 is not required for these plants for now. But if you people think its really required then please comment below.

sounds like a good start. you don't need C02 but get that sword into some type of substrate. and you should be good to go

Thanks for all the replies. Yes my tank is bare bottom and doesn't have any gravel/substrate and till now I was not using fertz as some aquarium shop keepers told that there is no need of fertz for these plants. I am planning to make this tank as community tank and requirment gathering for a new planted tank is WIP. Yesterday I bought "Aquatic Remedies plant food"(macro nutrients) and using a [emoji382] I added 2ml of the solution to my 90ltr tank. Am keeping these plants under observation for few days. I will keep this post updated and will check if any improvement in after dosing these fertz. I hope Co2 is not required for these plants for now. But if you people think its really required then please comment below.

I agree with warrior u won't be able to grow plants like swords or crypts without a nutrient rich substrate. Best in the business is ADA. Most run the Ada soil with a topping Ada of powder. Tropica also make a similar substrate.

here is am example of potted aquarium plants

Back
Top Bottom