Any one know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ok it is one beautiful fish... Prolly lk 2 hrs I'll have a better pic

At first glance I was thinking a Synodontis Eupterus but I was also thinking the Botia Almorhae. Its kind of a toss up, I guess it'll be easier to decide with a better pic.
Pretty fish by the way :)

Here's a better pic only mine has a lil more white

Attachments

• image-3127383059.jpg
    image-3127383059.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 189
Yup at walmart they label em as little pleco I'm getting two more bc I read they like groups of three but if they r territoral I have tanks to split em up and @ 1.99 it's a steal I guess now to get them shrimp pellets

Not at this Walmart they guy wrote baby pleco code.. So I guess a deal for me

+1 on syndontis eupterus. Aka feather fin squeaker or upside down cat. It will max out in size around 5-6" and do well with african cichlids and other larger tropical fish. They love shrimp pellets and quality pellet foods. Not picky at all. Good deal for $2. Congrats!

I got them shrimp pellets should I also get the some cichlid pellets?

Cichlid Kid said:
+1 on syndontis eupterus. Aka feather fin squeaker or upside down cat. It will max out in size around 5-6" and do well with african cichlids and other larger tropical fish. They love shrimp pellets and quality pellet foods. Not picky at all. Good deal for $2. Congrats!

No synodontis eupterus are not to e confused with upside catfish. Upside down catfish go by many names but are not the same as african featherfins. Although stnodontis eupterus (what you have recently bought) are not an upside down catfish, they will turn upside down to retreive food fro the top of the water.They can max out at 8" so make sure you have a lot of room and are not schooling catfish. They are best kept singly as they tend to be teritorial. As a reference point. I bought mine at about the same size for 18$. So yes. Very very very good deal and nice pick!

I got them shrimp pellets is there any thing else they like? I read they like Veggies so put a slice cucumber in and he was on it for a few min

They will eat any food you put in the tank that they can swallow. Flakes, bloodworms, tubifex worms, beefheart, shrimp. Anything

Awesome.. The one likes to come top of tank the bigger one and the baby hides when ever the light comes on :-( they are amazing tho my hubby loves his ( his has more white) they seem to have grown already I love them thanks for the help identifying him :) that's his hiding spot

Attachments

• image-1250673648.jpg
    image-1250673648.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 104
They will grow pretty fast with a blanced diet. And even though his has more white it will turn out like all synodontis eupterus with a brownish/blackish skin with black spots on it.

So is the white just a youth sign? They are eating pretty well. I give them some shrimp pellets every morning like 45 min befor I turn the lights on. And than again when I turn lights off at night. And I give them a cpl freeze dried blood worms every 2 days they come out in to the light for them lol. And I put some kinda veggie in there every other night for them ( which all the fish nibble on) the bigger one is in with baby jack n baby Oscar and they don't bother him. I Also got some premium pellet food for bottom feeders for them. They are eating very well and seem to like their new homes

Yes as long as it is like stripes. I beleive there may be some disease related to white spots but i do not know. ( not ich looking) and that diet sounds excellent! Good job!

Back
Top Bottom