Any other suggestions for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 55 gallon was originally going to have a pair of Angels in it and my 46 was only going to have one angel... But my pair of angels killed the third one before I could seperate them, so I am just going to keep the pair of angels in my 46 gallon.

My 55 gallon tank is a full of live plants and driftwood. It has a canister filter on it rated for 125 gallons (370gph). I do about a 50% pwc once a week. My nitrates are never above 5. Never have nitrites, and I never have ammonia.

Currently, this is my stock.

-1 Hifin Pleco
-1 Bristlenose pleco (I hope to find one more, but our LFS stopped carrying them)
-1 Pearl Gourami
-6 Peppered Corys
-10 Bloodfin Tetra
-10 Cherry Barbs
-3 Swordtails (+about 60 babies, but those will be going to a LFS once they are grown.)
-4 Nerite Snails (that have laid eggs everywhere...)

The tank looks woefully empty. Any thoughts or suggestions?

img_1857150_0_b06fc77e807aee7acef0a17fbba18cde.jpg

Well I would upgrade your tank for the hifin pleco they can up to 18 inches long how big is it currently. Also I wouldn't even add anything else because you already have 2 plecos which add a ton to your bioload.

The bristlenose pleco does not add that much to the bio load. The hifin is six inches and is growing out for my friends 120 gallon cichlid tank.

Okay I was just wondering about them but I would only add maybe 2 more pearl gouramis because they like to be kept in small groups but I would say your tank is still pretty well stocked maybe you could add a few more peppered corys like 4. Also you could add another male swordtail and 2 more females if you want.

Back
Top Bottom