anybody tried flourish excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lee1983

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all has anybody tried flourish excel and is it really the wonder product its made out to be i'm tempted to order some but don't want to waste my money be keen to read other peoples experiences with it

thanks lee

I use it, and in my opinion it is a great product. It isn't 'Liquid CO2', which most people believe it is, it is a product that is basically filled with carbon compounds and also promotes the production of ferrous iron(great for plants).

SeaChem's Flourish Excel

hi all has anybody tried flourish excel and is it really the wonder product its made out to be i'm tempted to order some but don't want to waste my money be keen to read other peoples experiences with it

thanks lee

Hello lee...

I used it some time ago in several of my planted tanks. I have quite a few Java fern, Singapore moss and Corkscrew Vallisneria and dosed the fert half strength. I found out later that the fert has a trace of "Gluteraldehyde", 1.5 percent. It's an industrial form of carbon that's used in high doses to kill primitive plants like algae.

The "Glut" can negatively affect other primitive plants like ferns, mosses and some varieties of Vallisneria. My Vals died, the ferns were slightly damaged, but recovered and the moss was unaffected.

Some people swear by the stuff, but I found other liquids that worked better for my plants and didn't contain the "Gluteraldehyde".

Just one opinion for you to consider or not.

B

I use it sparingly in my 46 gallon planted... I have vals and java ferns, which are a little more sensitive to that "glut".... But I underdose. I noticed a big difference in my plants appearance from when I just dosed Flourish, to dosing both flourish and flourish excel.

Sundays, I do a full dose of Flourish.
Tuesdays and Thursdays I dose for 30 gallons with the excel.

Back
Top Bottom