Anyone hear the new version of Pink Floyd's The Wall ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been a Pink Floyd fan since....well I won't say. :wink:
Was driving home from the movies tonight and I heard Korn's version of it. I heard about it earlier and I thought I would hate it, I usually am not impressed with remakes.
Anyway I thought they did a great job with it, I was actually really getting into it. :p
Anyone else like it, hate it? Just wondering what others thought about it.

Yeah, I heard it for the first time last week and was impressed with Korn's remake of it. Put me in the "like" category. :D

I haven't heard it. What format was the station that played it? Rock or alternative? I usually don't like Korn, but I would like to hear their take on "The Wall". I liked Atari's version of the Eagles "Boys of Summer" better than the original! 8O

I thought it was great. Enough of the original to keep the spirit of the song but enough change to make it new and Korn's own.

Its been on the radio for a while. Im not a huge fan of either band, but I dig korn's version.

Enough of the original to keep the spirit of the song but enough change to make it new and Korn's own.
I think you hit the nail on the head. It still sounds like "The Wall", but Korns places their style within in...pretty cool IMO.
BTW, the year I graduated from HS, the original "Wall" came out. It is special to me. :)

I love the "Word Up" version that Korn did - this band is not afraid!
Ya, thats pretty cool too. They are definately a different kind of band. 8)
Don't think much of their previous stuff, but I may have to get this CD.

Based on your suggestion QS, I grabbed a listen. You're right. Other than changing a few lyrics, it "sounds" the same...even down to the guitar solo and the kids in the chorus. Not bad at all.

LOVE IT !!!
Plays on my Sirius radio all the time, have it locked into my favorites...

Same with the new Phil Collins " In The Air" remake...

Looks like I'm the black sheep here; I didn't really care for it. If there's nothing else on the radio I might listen to it, but hearing it side by side with the original puts it into perspective for me. I like the original much better. Maybe the original has personal meaning or just plain old good memories. Sorry, but my overall opinion of it is...

"meh..."

I agree, nothing will ever top the original. The whole album for that matter.
I just thought it was a decent remake when most of the remakes IMO are crap.

Going to fall into the same category. The original will always be the best and when I heard the DJ say, "and now, The Wall remade by Korn" I gritted my teeth and thought to myself.. "NO! I like Korn, don't make me despise you!!" I do not despise Korn. I was impressed with their take on the song. I like it.

Along the same lines, anyone ever heard Marylin Manson's remake of... Sweet Dreams (original by Depeche Mode)? That falls into the same category for me. Love the original, but I dig Manson's interpretation.

Along the same lines, anyone ever heard Marylin Manson's remake of... Sweet Dreams (original by Depeche Mode)? That falls into the same category for me. Love the original, but I dig Manson's interpretation.
Sweet dreams remake was "ok". I thought the remake of tainted love was much better though.

Bottom line though, if I have the original, I don't bother with the remake.

Korn's remake was a little harder in my opinion. I bit more in your face than the original. I really liked that they added "Goodbye Cruel World" at the end. I better not start I could go on and on interpreting Pink Floyd lyrics, and album concepts.

I think korn has it's place, and that it's cool that they like pink floyd, but the harder, in your face didn't work for me. I think the lyrics are cool to sing that way and that is what forces you to pay attention to them; sets them apart. But when the guitars go that staccato (heavy is fine) it takes attention away from the lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom