anyone know a website that ships around the East Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
so yea like the title says, anyone know a website that ships stuff from the east coast? LiveAquaria ships there fish from cali so the billing charge is huge!!!! :mad:

mommytron beat me to it. They seem to be open to requests too, just shoot them a PM.

for shrimp on the east cost this is where i would go hands down with out question Shop Shrimp - Invertebrates By Msjinkzd

she even has some cool danios too...

burmese gold ring danios- Danio tinwin
tsd_may_30_037__52142_zoom.jpg

I have always wanted to order offline, but the thought of not being able to personally pick out my fish and then the stress of shipping them has always kept me at bay. Not to mention the huge shipping costs that I have found. Keep us updated with feedback on your experience! I am curious as to the success of online ordering of fish

not being able to personally pick out my fish
good shippers will make sure they dont send out bad fish. often is the case you cant get the fish you want local. so many times at least in my case and many people i know there is never the chance to personally pick the fish out.

then the stress of shipping them has always kept me at bay
is that your stress or fish stress? fish get shipped to the stores in large bags with a ton of fish in most cases. you should see how some of these come in over seas. everyone i have ordered from or shipped have been better then any lfs would get in. another thing since buying online tend to have lower over head they can get you fish cheaper. sometimes you can end up paying less then some lfs even with shipping.

Not to mention the huge shipping costs that I have found.
huge shipping cost is only there when ordering a couple cheap fish more so if you express over priority.

I am curious as to the success of online ordering of fish
its highly successful in most cases.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f52/positive-feedback-for-severum-mamma-hn1-129246.html

i am not saying dont go to lfs but the longer you are in the hobby and the more tanks you have often you run into a problem of wanting stuff and the lfs just cant or wont get you. i send stuff to many people who also dont have any lfs in the area.

i say try it out.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f25/fs-beautiful-community-fish-128373.html

I have definitely thought of trying it out, I was going to order from them but they never answered my question of whether or not they had/could get the fish I was interested in (scarlet badis). I have been thinking about trying it out though, when I get my 29 gal cycled because I want different fish than the plane jane ones at most LFS. No offense to those fish, I just want something less common and more unique.

P.S. I meant the stress for both me and the fish lol

I have definitely thought of trying it out, I was going to order from them but they never answered my question of whether or not they had/could get the fish I was interested in (scarlet badis). I have been thinking about trying it out though, when I get my 29 gal cycled because I want different fish than the plane jane ones at most LFS. No offense to those fish, I just want something less common and more unique.

P.S. I meant the stress for both me and the fish lol
Dario dario- scarlet badis - Invertebrates By Msjinkzd

Is that their website? Nice. I will definitely check into this when I am ready for more fish! I would order some otos if I didn't already order them from my LFS. I guess it isn't much different having them order it vs. ordering it yourself except for the shipping.

The only con I have come to on the badis is that they are supposedly super finicky eaters :( That was one of the first combos of fish I wanted- 4 scarlet badis, 5 cherry barbs and some otos. Then it went to a bunch of different stuff and then I got Alejandro on an impulse buy and I am now planning the 29 for a community tank. I wanted the badis in there too but so far my plan is to have basically what you are putting in your 40 lol. A pair of bolivian rams and as many cories as I can fit! Maybe a one other type of fish, oh here I go again plotting stocking thoughts lol

tell me about it, i still aint sure if i want to do a danio tank or a ram tank, still no idea really, but by the time i finish cycling i will know what i really want =]

Back
Top Bottom