Anyone know what my coral crab is eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki_pip

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know what my coral crab is eating?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-103155665.jpg
    image-103155665.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2452490488.jpg
    image-2452490488.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 101
Can't see from the pics. That's a staghorn crab.

Get a few empty shells in the tank just in case, and I hope your lighting is sufficient for his shell to grow. Since he'll always stay on the sand, furthest from the light, he might not do well for too long. Unlike others, since his shell is coral, it'll grow with him. They will take another shell if they can and their own shell doesn't get the lighting it needs.

Yeah have strong lightening for him.. Really I didn't know that I have heard they can be hard to keep but didn't know they needed other shells.. Any idea where I can get them from?
He is a favourite in our tank had him 3months :)
Thanks

not sure but watch him closely, if he's your favorite then it shouldnt be a problem, they cant right themselves if they fall over with a shell that big

they can be hard to keep because their shell is literally a coral colonizing on it

Mine died after a 6 or 7 months, but my lfs got a bunch of them in one tank and half of them were in new shells. The lighting was very poor there.

You should be able to convince your lfs to give a few shell free IMO.

Ok thanks for the advice I will be asking my Lfs now, I doubt they will waited 6 week for them to get him in the store.. Will always keep one though they look fab.. :)

Back
Top Bottom