Anyone use a Eclipse 6 as a tank? I guess I got a Nano ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS owner gave me a Eclipse 6 tank, sand and heater.... WAY COOL ! I wanted a tank for my bunker room @ the fire station and I got it....

Anyway. I have it running now with nothing in it...

What do you think about removing the top blue floss filter pad cartridge and replacing it with some Ehfisubrat Pro glass balls or some small cerimac rings...and keep in the bio wheel.???

I plan on putting in some Live rock small amounts at a time. I'm getting base putting it in my main tank and waiting till some coraline grows on it then I'll put it in. In the long run. I plan on 1-2 damsels and some colony polops or some clove.... Thats all well and a small clean up crew of a turbo,and some hermits....

I'll do bi weekly 1 gallon water changes...

Thanks!

sounds like a nano to me! I keep debating on if I'm going to set one up at work or not...

I've never used (nor researched so i'm a bit ignorant on the subject) any of the ceramic or glass filter media. what advantages would those have over just leaving the floss filter pad? Isn't the basic goal to have surface area for bacteria to colonize? I can see where the ceramic is porus and that would have an advantage, but what about the glass and others?

I replaced the floss pack filter with the fluval cylender things we'll see how that happens...

I'll post pics here in a few days...

Back
Top Bottom