API Tap Water Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRAKEN

Aquarium Advice Activist
The directions say, 1ml for every 20 US gallons, I use 5 gallon buckets for water change, so how do I go about using this product?

Attachments

• image-791290788.jpg
    image-791290788.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 119
There are several ways to go about it.

I'd add the total required amount of dechlorinator to the first 5gal bucket of water and then continue filling up the tank with tap water.

What size is your tank?

I base my dosage of Seachem Prime on my whole tank volume.

I perform a 50% PWC of 100 litres. My tank is 200litres. Prime says 5ml per 200litres.

I then add 1ml to each 30litre bucket until the 4th bucket when I add the remaining 2ml for my tank volume.

You can also get 2.5ml syringes which will help with concentrated conditioners.

Jon

Veering off topic, but... :brows:

I base my dosage of Seachem Prime on my whole tank volume.

I understand this is a common practice (and I think it's even on Prime's lable), but why?

What I mean is, a 200-liter tank that undergoes a 25-50% water change (50-100-liters of new water max without compensating for volume lost to rock / substrate / decorations, etc) requires the same amount of dechlorinator one would add to a new 200-liter aquarium freshly filled with 200-liter of tap water?

kay-bee19 said:
There are several ways to go about it.

I'd add the total required amount of dechlorinator to the first 5gal bucket of water and then continue filling up the tank with tap water.

That's what I'm going to do! Thanks! I'll just do 20 gallon water changes 2 times a week

Back
Top Bottom