Apistos come in pairs..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joedarat

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i picked up my 2nd pair of apistogramma cacautodies.. (1 male and 1 female- double full red cichlids) So hopefully my plans to make a dwarf cichlid/s.american tank work out.. but...

here's my question, or thought.. I notice that anywhere you go , the species is sold as a pair.. 1M & 1F.. y? and you would think that because they are sold as a pair, that they would get along, maybe even mate.. well, these 2 don't look like they'll be hookin up anytime soon.. the male attacks the female any time they get near each other..

I guess what I would like to know is if there is any process for selling a pair as a "pair" ... seems to me these 2 are strangers.. I know when breeding rams, you watch them pair up and move them to more romantic settings, I think the same goes with apistos...

any thought? maybe they'll kiss and make up??? :wink:

Shops can get away selling fish as "Pairs" but maybe not "breeding pairs" I made the mistake with my Kribensis and Bristlenosed catfish but they actually bred ..... even thoguh they wernt a breeding pair when i bought them.

Back
Top Bottom