Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen the neon variety. Maybe the balloon rams are in season or something. I'm seeing them everywhere

It should be. One of my rams fairly aggressive. I'm thinking I could add more cichlids. Or rehome the aggressive one.

Perhaps add more plants and driftwood? The goal is to keep all the fish and make everyone happy.

So I guess this is sorta turning into a journalish thread. Oh well did mean to. Haha anyway. I think I have a solution. More tall plants! And more DW. If I could find some manzanita wood that would work well. I'm thinking of going all out with java ferns and maybe some anacharis for a lot more cover.

I thought of adding this Rock. But I'm too paranoid of cracking the glass. Uuhhjjjj. Nightmares

image-3716615714.jpg

Heres the new scape. More hiding places and you can see the java fern better. It had more of a functional purpose than anything

image-558116528.jpg

I also added a fake plant for even more cover in the foreground

It looks good, tall plants are defiantly the way to go. Don't be afraid to add some rock. This is what I have in my african tank and all is good

image-357802093.jpg

That's almost two feet tall rock pile

Well so far what I'm seeing is that this scape really worked out nicely. They've divided up their territory nicely. I think before i add an apistogramma I'm going to definitely increase my plants.

Like I said I think I'm gonna go buck wild with java ferns and Anubias.

I'd like some tall plant suggestions.

No my lfs had it. I got some green Mario too and it's supposed to get 24" if not trimmed. Both of these were only like $2 for a good sized clippings

TheCommunityCichlid said:
No my lfs had it. I got some green Mario too and it's supposed to get 24" if not trimmed. Both of these were only like $2 for a good sized clippings
Are you running high light and substrate?

Back
Top Bottom