Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I made a trip to petsmart today! Got corkscrew Val for only a buck fifty! So I got a grip of it and put it in the tank.

Not a HUGE difference but definitely a change. See if you can tell the difference?

Before

image-1805220333.jpg

After

image-157214082.jpg

I also have a bag of flourite and sand. I'd like to mix the and add it together so that I can start planting the right side of my tank. But I don't know how to add substrate into an established tank

I also have a bag of flourite and sand. I'd like to mix the and add it together so that I can start planting the right side of my tank. But I don't know how to add substrate into an established tank

Just make sure it's rinsed really well or there is a method of putting it in a two liter bottle turning it upside down you could research

Added some java ferns and more corkscrew Val.
My rams look a bit stressed. Going to test for ammonia!

image-1354003775.jpg

Ammonia

image-1758399807.jpg

Nitrites

image-3816362084.jpg

Nitrates
image-3636501100.jpg

everything looks good. What is the stressed coloration for blue rams? Perhaps I'm worrying over nothing

TheCommunityCichlid said:
Probably nothing my fish seem to change coloration for no apparent reason

Well I guess it was probably the ick I found this morning. No biggie I'll just raise the temp and I have some ich attack from kordon.

Big water changes for the next 5 days. I've dealt with ick before and didn't lose a single a fish.

Anyhow this gives me time to pool up my funds to further plant my tank and fix my broken guitar ouch.

-__- one of my rams died last night. (sigh) he was cool looking too. Maybe the ich got him. I'm testing the water now!

About a week. I turned up my heat. Did big water changes. But it's ok I realize that balloon rams are not hardy fish. But I really need a qt tank badly

TheCommunityCichlid said:
Still shouldn't have been killed by ich. Anything up with the water conditions?

No I had trace nitrates. No trites and no ammonia . So I'm not sure. But I've heard that GBRs are so inbred that they have a lot of health issues not to mention I had a balloon gbr. So the cause of death is not clear yet.

Back
Top Bottom