apistos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i've recently aquired a trio of Apistogramma SP masken "Apache" does anyone know anything about them? has anybody ever breed them? ive doen google searches but beside that UK dwarf cichlid site, not really too much info avail to them, im currently keeping them in a 20gal long with a small troop of panda cories, 1 rogue sailfin molly & 1 rogue red tail godia, they were being a little nippy in my 125 so i took them out. i plan on removing them before trying to breed the apisto's. i add 2 cap fulls of blackwater extract & also have almond leaves in the tank...

The only thing I know about them is that they are in the Regani complex, I couldn't find much else especially about keeping them. Have you tried any of the Apistogramma forums?

No, i tend to only stay on this one & do lots of reading but i havent really found anything specific.. maybe i should of just stuck with the other better known apistos...

Just did a little more intensive search and it seems that every member of the Regani complex is collected from the area around Iquitos Peru. So any information as far as water chemistry and what not, could most likely be based on that belonging to the Regani itself as it is most likely just a color form.

right, that make sense, they do look very similar.. thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom