Aquarium Adventures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been searching for quite some time for Keyhole cichlids. None of the LFS in the city seem to stock them or are interested in ordering them. I recently found out that Aquarium Adventures has a store located in Carle Place, LI.

I called them about the keyholes, they stated they always have them (as well as many other exotic cichlids).

Has anyone ever visited this store and if yes, what did you think?

Hey JChillin,
I dunno about that lfs u mentioned.... but if u are willing to drive maybe 30-40 mins. north of the city, this place has a good chance of stocking keyholes:

Pets Place II in Nanuet:
120 E Route 59
Nanuet, NY 10954-2910
Phone: (845) 623-5565

You have to go over the Tappan Zee Bridge to get to Nanuet. IT's not the largest lfs, but they have good quality stock... I've seen interesting varieties of apistos, and they have Blue Rams, Bolivian ones and that other color variations... plus, I got majority of my plants there too. This place actually quarantines their fish too. Keyholes would be great for ur community tank.

Hey Quake2player!

Believe it or not, I remember you mentioning this LFS way back when in the forum. I still have it in my "must visit" file. :) Thanks for the reminder. (y)

Aquarium Adventure is a nice, clean, well stocked store! It's located on the East side of Glen Cove Road just north of the LIRR. I've rarely seen sick or dead fish in any of their FW tanks, and their selection is pretty good. They're a bit on the expensive side, but they offer an annual discount membership for $20. With it, you get 25% off livestock and plants, and 10% off equipment, food, and supplies. They also have special discounts and close-outs available only to members. You just gotta do the math to determine whether the membership will be worth it for you.

Another nice store a bit closer to you is Fishtown USA in Flushing. It's located on Northern Blvd near Francis Lewis Blvd. I wouldn't be surprised if they carry keyhole cichlids too.

You may also want to put the word out at GCAS when it starts up again next month. I'm sure that one of our members are breeding them. I also hope that you get set up with some nice koi angelfish this year. Be sure to make the September meeting because people will be bringing a whole summer's worth of home-bred fish to auction off! :D

Hey Andy! For the record, almost half the fish in my 75 gal has come from Fishtown! I went there looking for the keyholes and per your recommendation. :) They are very, very good. The German Rams were an especially pleasant surprise because I purchased my first pair at New World and they didn't last a week. The Germans I got from Fishtown in May are still going strong.

I had heard about Aquarium Adventures through some associates...just wanted to get an opinion before I ran over there for a look.

I have a big circle on Sept. 7th!

Back
Top Bottom