Aquavitro Salinity - by Seachem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone out there every used Aquavitro Salinity - by Seachem? I just bought my first bucket two days ago and mixed up a small batch and it turned the water very milkly color and left a residue on the bottom and sides of the bucket when I stirred it up the water became cloudy again. I then split it up into another bucket added more RO water to both buckets hoping this would help but it didn't. Any advise on how to prevent it being cloudy and leaving residue on the buckets sides and bottom?

Overnight. Checked in the bucket yesterday morning to see if it had cleared up and saw the residue on the sides of the bucket stirred it up and then left for work and I was gone for well over 12 hours by the time I got home yesterday evening and saw the residue back on the sides again. Whitish color.

white would indicate a calcium buildup to me. calcium precipitates fairly quickly. i've noticed when using oceanic, which is very high in calcium, i get a white crusty substance on the inside of the barrel.
the only thing that has me a bit puzzled is the fact that you can simply stir the water and the white residue mixes back into the water. i can wipe it off with my hand, but mine just doesn't mix back that easily.

- i might add that i really think you are overspending on salt. this is not going to do much different than most other salt mixes. it's just not possible. the container will always settle during shipping.
the only way to be sure that you are getting exactly what you need is by adding the components directly. there are a couple brands out there that do just that.

i use whatever is on sale really. reef crystals, oceanic, seachem reef salt, tropic marin pro reef, red sea coral pro, D&D h2ocean....
i try to alternate every time i buy. my theory is, what one salt lacks, another makes up for.
i just stick with "reef" grade salt mixes. they tend to be closer to natural sea water.

Okay thanks. I really liked how the Tropic Marin Pro Reef mixed up it was crystal clear within minutes. When you mentioned "adding the components directly" is that the supplements that you are talking about? Like - Liquid Calicum, Trace Elements, Iodide... etc ???

just calcium and magnesium. to date, i have never added iodide (or any trace elements) and have seen no illl effects.
i wouldn't consider calcium, alk, and mag "trace" elements.

Is it the straight magnesium or a combo magnesium? If a combo which one?
Also what is your thoughts on Kent Marine Coral-Vite vs Marc Weiss Coral Vital?

i wouldn't add either one of those. you don't need that stuff. it's only going to hurt you in the long run because you aren't testing for those things. everything you need is in your salt mix, up until you have a fully established reef with a lot of calcium using corals.
i use BRS for all of my supplementing, if any-
Aquarium Supplements

Back
Top Bottom