Are my rummies doomed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkymom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so I wanted a small school of tetras in my tank. I have an angel fish so I did some research and could have sworn I read that it was ok to keep rummy nose tetras with them. So I bought 6 of them (1 croaked :( ). Doing more research I'm finding otherwise. Are my fishies doomed? They are SO pretty and I think I'd be very sad if my angel started chowing down on them. TIA!

How big is the angelfish now?

I've kept them together with no problems. If the Angel is big and the Rummies are very small, then you might worry, but otherwise, they'll be fine. Even if the Rummies are tiny, chances are that they wouldn't be in danger. They tend to hang out near the bottom and are pretty darn fast swimmers.

Rummy nose will get about 2 inches long. I know my adult angels won't bother anything that big after their first try at it, but if they are small they would go after it and actually hunt it down.

I have them rogether right now in my 55 and they live peacefully. You should be fine. every fish is different.

Ok, that's good to hear! The angel is larger than half dollar size so he's not full grown yet. He hasn't attempted to eat any of them and I'd say they're between 1"-1.5" long each. I wanted something with a little bright color in it (angel is marble so black & white, peppered cories, plecos so nothing exciting there) to liven up my tank a little and wow they are so pretty now! It took them about 48 hrs to get settled and really show their colors. So glad I went with them.

Back
Top Bottom