Are Pico's REALLY that hard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The algae light could just be a cheap clip light with a plant bulb. The tank light depends in the kinds of corals and/or anemones you're going to keep. Not sure about pico fish. My old tank was 55 and my new one is a 30

I'm just thinking some easy beginner corals. I'm going to have to order them all online, so I will be going with the cheap $5-$25 ones.

I say scrap the sump idea as it seems like more work than what you can get from water changes and will have the same effect... Go for it! Very rewarding..

image-475518575.jpg

And the light was like $50 from amazon and can grow mostly any coral. I've seen it in action at my LFS...

Could you link me to it? Would that work on a 5.5 gallon? It would be to wide for my 2 gallon I bet. :( If I find a light for the 2 gal I am going to use the two gal :lol:

Could you link me to it? Would that work on a 5.5 gallon? It would be to wide for my 2 gallon I bet. :( If I find a light for the 2 gal I am going to use the two gal :lol:

Mine is a 2 gallon. The light is only 6" wide... Wavepoint makes a couple at 6" wide too, I chose the one with the blue and white...

My 2 gallon is almost 8" so that would be perfect! Is it this light?

So.... Now I've got to figure out how to make this sump thing.

My 2 gallon is almost 8" so that would be perfect! Is it this light?

So.... Now I've got to figure out how to make this sump thing.

That's the one. Honestly I wouldn't even bother with a sump, as I think the headache to figure out and maintain will be worse than just doing water changes on the tank.

Well, then I would have to put all the equipment in there and it would take up a bunch of space.
I'm kind of thinking of just getting a 5.5G instead, and then using the 2G when I am more experienced.
What kind of fish would I be able to keep in the 5.5? What kind of equipment?

Well, then I would have to put all the equipment in there and it would take up a bunch of space.
I'm kind of thinking of just getting a 5.5G instead, and then using the 2G when I am more experienced.
What kind of fish would I be able to keep in the 5.5? What kind of equipment?

What about a small HOB and a small heater?

Yes. A tank that small, a HOB will give it enough circulation. You can put some Seachem Stability in it and a poly filter for filtration...

Look up Aquaclear 20. They are made so you can customize the media as you want...

And that would fit?? Seems a little large, but I'll look into it.

So, what kind of fish could I keep in this tank?

Back
Top Bottom