Are Pico's REALLY that hard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I am 99% sure I am going to do a fowlr. The more I read about keeping dwarf seahorses with corals, the less I want to keep corals with them in fear of the sea horses getting eaten.
So my plan:

15.5 gallon tank
2glass top
3AC 20 HOB filter
425 watt adjustable heater
5macro algae in filter and main tank for the horses to grab onto.
6I'm going to start out with 2-3 pairs, then go from there. I read I could keep 20 of them in there, so I will just let them breed. Captive Bred.
7 10 LBS of live rock. That way I will have extra.
8 2 inch sand bed with live sand.
9 For feeding I am going to feed frozen mysis (since they will be CB) and BBS. I'll also get some pods and put them in the HOB filter, so once there is a large enough population the will start coming out with the water to be a snack.

If anyone sees any flaws with these plans I would love to here them!

So I am 99% sure I am going to do a fowlr. The more I read about keeping dwarf seahorses with corals, the less I want to keep corals with them in fear of the sea horses getting eaten.
So my plan:

15.5 gallon tank
2glass top
3AC 20 HOB filter
425 watt adjustable heater
5macro algae in filter and main tank for the horses to grab onto.
6I'm going to start out with 2-3 pairs, then go from there. I read I could keep 20 of them in there, so I will just let them breed. Captive Bred.
7 10 LBS of live rock. That way I will have extra.
8 2 inch sand bed with live sand.
9 For feeding I am going to feed frozen mysis (since they will be CB) and BBS. I'll also get some pods and put them in the HOB filter, so once there is a large enough population the will start coming out with the water to be a snack.

If anyone sees any flaws with these plans I would love to here them!

No love rock or livesand. Start out with only BBS and pods and slowly start adding frozen mysis. Also I would put more than 8 in there.

Okay that's what I was planning on using. And I am still confused, do you mean no more than 8 seahorses in there?

I'm thinking snails would be safe. I'd like some shrimp but I don't know if those are safe or not.

Hehe I am think Figi Pink also :)
My mom gave me a $25 Petsmart gift card and then I found $40 un my room so I might get a couple things for the tank if I have enough money after I get a few things for my betta tank :)

Back
Top Bottom