Are there any eel like fish (long bodied fish) that i could keep in a comunity tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i believe the zig zag eels were very similar,(as far as coloration)my zig zag eel would only eat frozen redworms... im sure he took out a fry or 2. i thought that reg pea gravel would be fine i had my eel for about 2 years and had to save it from infections like 4 times, he would get sores from the gravel... eventually that lead to his demise..

hmm not sure if peacocks are snowflakes... I know that I have had mine in a 125gallon for the last year and he is still only about 6 inches...
Mine eats mostly bloodworms, but now he will eat any kind of frozen food and the occasional fry.

he is in with an angel, silverdollars, cories, pleco, and swordtails.. he is super laid back, nothing picks on him and he doesn't pick on anything, most of the time the fry swim right by him and he just watches.. I would love to get like, 3 more, but I can't find conclusive info as to if they really are social or not

In case you haven't seen and since mentioned: Mastacembelids

Bah, my favorite eel-like fish is a Erpetoichthys calabaricus, ropefish! They get about 14", usually more active than eels are considered, and feeds on small worms and crustaceans (small fish might be a danger). The only drawback is that they do best in pairs/groups requiring at least a 40g (75g even better), obligate air-breathers (require reasonable clearence at waters surface), and prone to escape their enclosure. Any eel-like animal is known for their aquarium escapes so that should be a caution regardless, but all in all they are absolutely fascinating animals if you ever want to upgrade your tank size :)

In case you haven't seen and since mentioned: Mastacembelids

Bah, my favorite eel-like fish is a Erpetoichthys calabaricus, ropefish! They get about 14", usually more active than eels are considered, and feeds on small worms and crustaceans (small fish might be a danger). The only drawback is that they do best in pairs/groups requiring at least a 40g (75g even better), obligate air-breathers (require reasonable clearence at waters surface), and prone to escape their enclosure. Any eel-like animal is known for their aquarium escapes so that should be a caution regardless, but all in all they are absolutely fascinating animals if you ever want to upgrade your tank size :)
thanks do you think i could house them with angels and bala sharks?

thanks do you think i could house them with angels and bala sharks?

In an appropriately sized aquarium for all, yes. They aren't predatory to fish in a sense other than small fish or small bottom dwellers.

maybe it was tire tracks and zig-zags that are pretty much the same....i dunno:rolleyes:
im all mixed up now

long bodied fish

try a prehistoric dragon gobie. theyre semi aggressive but very gentle. awesome fish. i have one. only thing is that theyre blind and there is a special way to feed them. theyre very shy unless with other dragon gobies. but they are very awesome!!

Dragon gobies can get to be 2' so keep that in mind - will not go in a 20g.

WOW, this thread came back up.
I bought 4 Khuli Loaches after reading this thread, I have been sorry I did ever since.
They stay hidden all the time, a waste of bio-load. The only way I know they are still alive is the rare glimps of one late at night or sometimes when I move furniture while cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom