are these eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BIANCA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This afternoon when i got up, I noticed all of these little brown things on the bottom of one of our tanks. They look to me like they would be eggs, but Ive never seen actual eggs in my tanks before - just seen fry hiding out.
In the tank I have: 2 dwarf frogs, ghost shrimp, 2 snails, 1 rubbernose pleco, 2 dwarf puffers, 3 upside down catfish, and 4 coolie loaches.
Is there any way of telling what kind of eggs they could be? I just added the upsidedown catfish this Friday. I was reading that water temperature changes can induce spawning in them...and thinking maybe the long trip in the plastic bag may have done it??? There is also a UDCatfish that seems to be watching the eggs. The majority of the eggs are in one spot the size of a quarter, but there are some scattered all over the bottom of the tank.
ARG! I didnt wanna have any babies :?

So anyways...are these eggs? And what could they be from?

eggs1.jpg

eggs2.jpg

Yes, I'm going for fecal matter also. New fish in the tank, he may have just cleaned out his digestive tract. Who knows what he was eating at the lfs, so you wouldn't know what his poop would look like.

Where's Curtissimo when you really need him???

Just jokin, curt, just jokin' :lol:

Well last night we saw it comming from one of the snails. It drops them in a sort of cluster, and then the shrimp, frogs, and fish kind of scatter the clump over time.
Wierd. Im not sure as to what the species of snails I have. They were just marked "mystery snails" but there was a mix of ramshorn, and other snails in there, so im not sure if they really are mystery snails or not.

typically, those snails labelled mystery snails are apple snails. apple snails lay their egg in a large yellowish clutch above the water line. ramshorn eggs are layed underwater and look like a mass of jelly.

anyone have a picture of mystery snail eggs , I think I've had them a few times but am not sure. They could have also have been cory eggs.

Back
Top Bottom