Are they egg sacks ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knight4hire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This anemone will not stay anchored down in the sand or on the rock and now it has this strange growth can anyone tell me what it is

are they eggs??

I know this is from a old message, but we have these egg looking things in our tank as well?? They are white and all seems to be attached, kind of like sewed together? This is the 4th time I have seen these, and they seem to always be in the same area.
not sure what they could be? Any ideas?
:roll:

knight4hire said:
This anemone will not stay anchored down in the sand or on the rock and now it has this strange growth can anyone tell me what it is

I could be off base but those do not look like eggs. I'm pretty sure that the slime coat on an anemone would prevent that anyway. Judging by the pics, it looks as if something has been knawing at the anemone from underneath or it has been damaged from scraping against something sharp. The whitish area's look like the innards of the anemone.

Couple of things to watch for. Aggressive play from the clowns, possible hitchiker crabs or the like and are there any types of cowries in the tank?

Cheers
Steve

Re: are they eggs??

JM5 said:
I know this is from a old message, but we have these egg looking things in our tank as well?? They are white and all seems to be attached, kind of like sewed together? This is the 4th time I have seen these, and they seem to always be in the same area.
not sure what they could be? Any ideas?
:roll:
If your's look similar to the above but are "stand alone" on some hard surface, it's probabley an egg mass from a snail. Most likely cerith unless you can list the ones you have.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom