Arrrrrgghhh !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grant R

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I knew this would happen !!
I take up keeping tropical, f / w fish, perform a good cycle, get the fish, settle for a couple of weeks, then want a bigger tank !! :roll: :twisted:

I'm not going to get one though, as this will mean re-cycling etc as it will, as I've said, eventually be bigger than the other one.

:D

Oh come on :lol:

Thats part of this hobby, We always want more & Bigger.

It all depends on the wallet or wife.

Have fun

and once you get a bigger tank, you always want to put the fish you already have in it because you know they'll be happier...then you're stuck with a smaller tank again...lol

MTS

I got it too,

I got a 20 gal, going to get a 30 gal and was going to sell the smaller one, the key word here is "was". Now i am thinking of setting up the larger one in the living room and the smaller one in my everything room ( Computer room, relaxation room, etc) Now what do i do with the TV room?

Any suggestions? LOL

Ha ha, glad to see I'm not the only one !
If I do eventually upgrade, I think I'll get a 20 gallon, transfer fish after about a week, then possibly sell smaller one.
If this happens near future, I'll let everyone know !! :D

That's always the way it works. :lol: I'm in the process of doing that too. I set up a 20 gal F/W tank and in a month or two I'm going up to a 29 gal. I've got the tank & stand. I just have to go out and get the gravel & filter.

It depends on what kind and size filter you're running now. If you don't have an extra one around...then yes you'll have to get a new filter or run one tank without a filter for awhile. I want to up grade to a Fluval canister instead of the Aquaclear hang on models. I like the Aquaclear but I want to hide my filter and I'm also going to do plants again, so the canister will work out better for me.

I just have one that sticks to the tank on the inside at the moment, it has a sponge inside it which I think will need cleaning soon as it's starting to attract a lot of gunk. It says in the books to clean once a month ( the filter ) , but to be honest, it really could do with a clean every couple of weeks.

My first tank was a 45 gallon, it's in the "computer room" of our house.
Then I had a 5.5 gallon for quarantine but ended up keeping fish in it.. then one day my dad tripped, knocked over a chair and broke it.. so I purchased a 20 and put it in my bedroom (I already had the extra filters &etc for it) but just on the floor.. And now the hassle of trying to find a cheap stand for it has me thinking about a 37 gallon kit I found for $100 more than just a *stand* for the 20 would cost me.. and it would fit so well where the 20 is....

More tanks for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom