Baby Biorb Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't updated in a while. Tank is doing fine. Plants are growing slowly and I think I might have a berried female in here. IMG_1429.jpgIMG_1431.jpgIMG_1430.jpg

Well I have not updated in a while. About a week after my last update all of the shrimp were dead. There were bubbles on the top of the tank. I suspect someone took my water change bucket and used it for something. I have a new bucket and did massive water changes and it’s all locked up between changes.

Added one large mystery snail to the tank. IMG_1984.jpgIMG_1985.jpg

And I love this moss! IMG_1986.jpg

Oh my, that is a tragic and sad thing to happen. So sorry for your loses.

^^^^^^^^
What is that, is that mini moss, Luffy in the second pic? Green at the lower part under the Buce?

I have no idea what kind of moss. I think it’s something my shrimpy friend swapped with me but I can’t remember. Very slow growing. Took a year to get this far.

I’ll try to get a real close up of it tomorrow. I have a pic somewhere of the samples she gave me and the labels I’ll dig out.

Oh thank you. That might be my next project after the stack I already have. A small tank with focus on moss and moss type plants or a Paludarium kind of set up... ;)

Good news! I have been starting to see the biorbs in a few shops here and wondered on pros and cons versus a regular square tank?

I like them obviously. Have 3. For one I used the pond guru on YouTubes upgrade converting to using UG filter with sponges in addition to the biomedia on top. But on this one I used large sand on top of the sponges. A finer one on top to keep all the sand up. Worked out fine. But I have a really low bioload on the tank.

You have a lot more options with a square tank. But I like the design on these and the clean lines.

Tank is home now and in a room with lots of natural light. So far the snails are keeping it clean. IMG_3199.jpg

Buce is doing great too. IMG_3200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom